With all the added time at home, our cooking skills are getting put to the test! The good news is that we have the time to try new recipes. The bad news is that everyone has gone baking-crazy & yeast cannot be found anywhere!
The BETTER news is that this recipe doesn't need yeast (yay), so you don't need to worry about fighting others at the grocery store to get the ingredients you need.
What's even better is that these muffins are the perfect snack: they're easy to make, they taste delicious, they will curb your sweet tooth but you don't need to feel guilty about it afterwards!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• 1 egg + 2 egg whites
• 1/4 cup oil
• 1/3 cup mashed very ripe banana
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
• 1 heaping cup (packed) grated carrot
• 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 1/2 cup ground almonds
• 1 heaping cup rice flour, gluten-free all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
HOW IT'S MADE
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. Prepare muffin tin with liners or lightly grease a cake pan (8x8).
3. Place eggs in a bowl and add mashed banana, maple syrup, oil and whisk to combine.
4. Next add pumpkin, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and whisk to combine.
5. Add almond milk and stir.
6. Add oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and stir.
7. Add grated carrot and stir.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until deep golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the
center comes out clean. When you press on the top it shouldn’t feel too spongey, so
don’t be afraid of over baking! The GF flour just takes longer to bake.
10. Remove from oven and let set in the pan for 15 minutes. Then flip on their sides still in
the pan to let cool completely.
11. If you try to unwrap them too quickly, they have a tendency to stick to the wrappers.
Want more healthy recipes?
Check out our page HERE for more ideas!
CrossFit 6S team helping you achieve your fitness goals.